It’s January so naturally it’s time to “diet” or whatever. This salad is simple, delicious and good for you. Toss bacon on anything and it tastes unreal. That’s a fact.
Asparagus & Egg Salad with Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (as a side) or 2 as a main
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
- 4 cups leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices of bacon cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh basil, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss in asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness). Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent over cooking. In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
In a large bowl toss together the leaf lettuce and asparagus spears with the dressing. Top with crumbled bacon and hard boiled eggs and serve.