Simplicity at it’s finest. The contrast in sweetness, saltiness and umami makes this appetizer a winner. If you can’t stomach blue cheese this is also great with goat cheese. You can also substitute apples for pears if you prefer.
Pear Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Bites
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 ripe pears, sliced into ½ inch thick pieces
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3oz blue cheese, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6oz prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- Drizzle of honey or balsamic glaze
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
Toss the sliced pears and the lemon juice together in a medium sized bowl. This will help delay the oxidization (browning) of the pears. Top each pear slice with a small piece of blue cheese, wrap with prosciutto and drizzle with honey or balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and enjoy!