This is a great low carb appetizer. If you are eating this for lunch I would suggest to make this into tuna boats instead of cups – slice a cucumber in half lengthwise and then hollow out the insides before stuffing.
Tuna Cucumber Cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 cucumber cups
- 2 English cucumbers cut into 1.5 inch slices
- 2 cans chunk light tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Hollow out each cucumber slice using a small spoon, leaving ¼ inch intact at the bottom. In a medium sized bowl flake together the tuna, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and olive oil using a fork until well combined. Stir in celery, lemon juice and zest, red onion, capers and fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the tuna mixture into each cup, garnish with a sprig of fresh dill and serve.