Hummus and veggies - the snack option on almost every healthy eating post out there. We get it. BORING. Time to switch it up a little by substituting some of those chickpeas for edamame beans.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Yield: Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1.5 cups shelled and cooked edamame beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Save a few edamame for garnish along with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of cayenne. We served ours with the best looking vegetables we could find from the farmers market along with some pita chips.