We heard your requests for easy healthy meals and so we are delivering! Sometimes you need an inspiration more than you need an actual recipe. Avocado egg toast is simple and delicious and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Avocado Egg Toast
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large slices rye bread, toasted (or 4 small)
- 1 large avocado, pitted and halved
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsps olive oil, divided
- 2 large hothouse tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- smoked chili salt for garnish (an equal mix of sea salt, smoked paprika and red chilli flakes) *optional
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large fry pan over medium low heat. Crack the eggs into the frying pan and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny. Mash the avocado onto the toasted rye slices. With a spatula transfer the cooked eggs on top of the avocado toast. Divide the toast onto two plates, along with the sliced tomatoes on the side. Drizzle the tomatoes with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and garnish with fresh dill and salt and pepper. Sprinkle the eggs with smoked chilli salt or your favourite hot sauce and enjoy!